For those of you who knew, I happily acquired the new "U" by Kotex and I hope for those who follow along, are excited to see this post!
Went to my local drugstore for my purchase but you can get them mostly anywhere, supermarket, Walmart, Zellers.... It was well-noted that on the shelves were a fairly small section dedicated to this new line of Kotex products. Certainly, I can imagine that they chose to be conservative with their stock, not knowing whether this new line would sell well. It does boast a hefty price of $4.49 (4.99 at other local retailers) for a mere 14 pads if you’re buying the overnight versions.
There were fewer sales for pads and even less for the pantiliners. However, either the female populace who lives around the area are avid tampon users or for whatever reason, there was a huge hole in the shelving stock for the new “U” tampons. I must say, throughout my many experiences with feminine hygiene shopping, I can say in my area that the pads section tend to be the ones that are cleaned out, not tampons.
I didn’t take long to find the one I wanted, however, it definitely took extra time (a few seconds? LOL) as opposed to my easily-spotted absorbency of all the other brands – yes, this is I must say, the only brand I’ve ever needed to do a “double-take” to make sure I got the right version.
True enough this is not my first time buying it and I do have prior experience to rely on to locate the right one easily, BUT, the assortment of packages look very similar that it be inadvisable to just grab it and assume you got the right one without reading it. I picked up the “U by Kotex All-Nighter” (“Overnight” equivalent).
On each side of the box has a variety of useful information such as the wide range of available “U” products, pads, tampons and liners and their respective absorbency, features of the product, a fact/myth section and usage instructions. The thing that caught my eye was, “Made in China” – oh dear, should I assume lots of accidents are going to result from this? LOL… I kid.
Once you open the box, each pad is vibrantly coloured and each wrapper has a notable “U” Kotex logo on them. From the feel, the wrappers are a smooth-plasticky feel, however, very light and thin. Nevertheless, given that these are overnights, there certainly is quite a bit of size to them, so I would assume maybe the smaller CleanWear versions are a bit more compact. After opening the box, as I mentioned, it can be resealed by taking the top fold of the box and putting it into the slit of the lower one – thus making for a great resealable packaging. A single overnight pad within the wrapper is 13 X 15.5 cm
Some measurement FYI’s… the pad itself is 30 cm’s long, with the front of the pad measuring 10 cm‘s at the widest point. In the middle, when the wings are not extended (and folded in), it measures 9 cm‘s and a hefty 13 cm‘s at the widest point in the back. During overnight, many girls experience leaks towards the rear, mainly due the gravity being at play and the wider coverage , believe me “soaks up the flow” before it goes off an edge. With the speed of absorbency though, I would not see it as being a particular problem it needs to address, although playing it safe never hurts.
I’ll have to say, after thorough testing of the product, I was amazed In terms of comfort, it was quite comfortable and it is light against the skin, unlike the traditional plasticky top-sheet like Always. The absorbency capacity is quite large
for free samples : http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-freebies-u-by-kotex-sample/
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. As for the tampons - they have all sizes ranging from regular to SUPER +, they are of different colors ( only the applicater) plus you have to extend them to insert. Thus , making it more enjoyable to carry around in your purse.
What I like is that have multi box which contains regular, super and super+ in one box . Everything a girl needs when Aunt Flo's visiting !


No comments:
Post a Comment