Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 261- My eyes are always kind of watery,how can I make them dryer?

Why is it like that and how can I treat it.?


It's so annoying - as soon as I step outside , Kleenex in hand , sunglasses on they both start tearing up .
In the bus people are looking at me weird and think i'm crying ! I've changed all my makeup and God knows I have tones of mascaras and eyeliners and eye shadows. Every month I rotate.

So I did some research....

The reason my eyes are watery is because they are dry. There are two types of tears in the eye. There are the kind that are always on the surface to protect the cornea and there are the bigger ones that are produced because of emotions.

When the surface of the eye gets too dry, the brain can't ignore that and sends the larger tears to help lubricate the eyes. That is what causes the watering. So..what to do.

And I did ask my doctor if it was safe to do this and she said YES.

The first thing to try is using artificial tears. Yes, more liquid in the eye. Not drops that get the red out...just a moisture drop such as Systane or Refresh.


Use 4-6 times a day for a good week. Be faithful about it. See if my symptoms get better. Generally, the more liquid you can get to the eye, the less likely the brain will be to send the extra tears. I think I will notice an improvement. If not, I will go see my  eye dr. I could have some plugged tearducts. But I will try this first.

Off to the pharmacy to buy tears ...This will be great for the makeup !

No comments:

Post a Comment