They say - if you want to know where you are going in life, you need to know where you came from.
After watching on NBC last week- Who do you think you are , it made me think that maybe I came from somewhere or from a long line of blood relatives that made history. So i joined Ancestry.ca and started my family tree.
I'm up to 20 members up to now and I'm in the 1800's , not bad for a first day.
Even found that my great grand mother on my fathers side was from Massachussetts ( never knew how to spell that word) - Who knows maybe that is where it all began !
I also found a cousin of mine that has been doing the family tree and after 40 years we spoke via email ...WOW
He told me a couple of things like our first Ancestor came from France and had sons, who moved to Mobile Alabama and were the first Canadian Settlers in 1706 WOW. Unfortunatly , i learned that we had some slaves and one of my ancestors had 5 kids with his slave. Funny how being white brings you back to having black ancestors !
But i feel sad about the part of my family having owned slaves, it's so not something i feel and I'm glad that society has evolved !
Then i learned that Charles , the son of the son of my first known ancestor Julien was at the service of Louis XIV...WOW Again. !!!!
