Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 256 - Vitamine K and Pickles






The other day as I was watching Dr Oz , he mentionned something very interesting.

First - Vitamine K - Vitamin K is vital for bone health and blood health, but it is a vitamin that we rarely talk about.  Do you know what Vitamin K does for your body?  And do you know how to get enough Vitamin K into your diet?  Doctor Oz has all the answers on food sources to get Vitamin K naturally. 

But where do we find this GREAT vitamine ...
1) Kale - it's a leafy green vegetable
2) Peaches - They help to decrease your risk of getting fractured bones.
3) Pickles - 
4) for you sushi lovers - Abalone- they are large edible sea snails that are considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. And they are very chewy

Why didn't I put anything next to Pickels - Well apparently pickles can help lower your risk of Diabetes by 20% because they help your body deal with Insulin.  But you must make sure to get low sodium pickles and eat 3 pickles daily.

As i went for my trimester visit to the Dr's last friday and that I'm off of 1 of my medication - YEAHHH Me.
I'm trying hard to work on getting rid of all my diabetes medication so I'll be buying Pickles in my next grocerie that is for sure.

But pickles remind me of a cute story - Nadine- rememeber when we were yound teenagers and your mom used to buy a jar of pickles and as soon as she would come back from the store - You- would open up the jar, lick ALL the pickles and put them back in so that no one would take any.....mmmmm still doing that ???

Haha :-)

enjoy your pickles and take Vitamine K as we are getting older our bones are precious :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment